Project Manager, Landscape Design & Community Engagement
- Full Time
- Posted 7 months ago
- Expire Date September 24, 2020
- Job Status PUBLISH
Urban Growth is a social enterprise which aims to improve the wellbeing of Londoners by creating and maintaining communal gardens. We collaborate with councils, businesses, developers & community groups across London (primarily south of the river), creating and maintaining spaces where people can learn about and engage with nature on their doorstep. You can read more about our aims and activities, and see examples of our work on our website www.urbangrowth.london, and through the linked social media channels. We are now excited to be growing our team to allow us to continue to expand our work across new spaces and communities in London. Your role will help us plan the design and implementation of landscape improvement projects, delivering quality outcomes to meet the needs of clients and the community. You will play a significant role in increasing the scope of our work, to allow us to help more fantastic projects engaging communities across the city with nature. This is an exciting opportunity to join a passionate, diverse & collaborative team, who are keen to grow and build on our successes to date.
• Shaping designs for community gardens and public spaces across London in line with client briefs • Help shape community engagement and consultation strategies across the business
• Create new proposals for clients – presenting creative ideas in a clear and engaging way
• Client liaison – responding to and managing client requests and expectations in a timely and polite manner
• Budget management – creating accurate budgets for projects and delivering in line with these.
• Project management – planning project schedules and communicating effectively with stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of projects.
• Overseeing installations at sites – ensuring projects are on track and delivered to a high standard
• Design support – supporting the team with sketchup visualisations. Designing spatial layouts with consideration for users and client needs
• Delivering work in line with the Urban Growth mission & vision
• Helping to track project outcomes, to measure and report better our impact Key skills:
• Enthusiasm for horticulture, urban growing and community. Horticultural expertise would be ideal, but not a requirement
• Creative with a keen eye for design, preferable sketch up experience. Comfortable using Google Slides to create presentations
• Excellent project and budget management – creation of project timelines and budgets, liaising with suppliers, ensuring projects are financially viable, good negotiation skills. Delivery in line with all of these • Relationship building – ability to grow client relationships and negotiate effectively with a diverse range of people, from a wide range of sectors and backgrounds.
• Flexible, hands-on approach. We are a small organisation where all hands on deck are needed at times. A ‘can-do’ approach in all our team and a willingness to jump in and support others is essential.
• Super-organised, good time management, attention to detail, happy juggling multiple projects at once, excellent communication skills
• A lover of plants and wildlife, committed to protecting the environment. A passionate believer in the power of the natural world to improve human wellbeing
• Ideally aware of H&S considerations for gardening & landscaping work (not essential)
• A confident user of digital technology, able to manage emails, Google Drive, design software and phone-based apps such as Slack To apply please email your CV and cover letter to Katy Renwick: firstname.lastname@example.org