IMPORTANCE OF LIME IN YOUR GARDEN
Our lawns are part of our homes that needs to be kept in excellent condition. These lawns create the first impression of us to the public glare and tell more about our preferences, style, and personality. This should give us an idea that our lawns should not be treated with levity, and they must be handled by professionals if we are not available to maintain them due to our busy schedules.
This article will provide you with important information about adding lime to your yard to make it look great. Lime has been recommended by most experts to make your gardens and lawns green, and make you the envy of your neighbors with your blossoming surroundings.
When your garden is not properly taken care of, you have several problems such as pale grass, yellow grass, and dead patches to deal with. In some cases, some homeowners have applied different strategies to make their lawns green but all to no avail. These procedures involve the application of fertilizers, mulching, and mowing. The infestation of insects and funguses is another factor that must not be ignored as they cause damage to the lawns and gardens as well.
However, when you have applied all procedures and nothing seems to work for you; the best solution is to take a careful analysis of the situation. You need to check the acidity level of your garden soil as it is important for your pH level to be neutral as this will make your garden to be green and flourishing. You can check the pH level of your garden soil with soil testing kits purchased from stores. Knowing this will inform you of the next step of action to be taken regarding your lawns. You need to add mulch for more nutrients or apply some procedures to reduce the acidity level if the results show that the pH level is too high.
Lime has several benefits when added to your lawn, and can help you to have the required soil with the right pH level to make your garden green. It is important to read the instructions on your testing kit or discuss your needs with a professional in landscaping services.
You can apply forty pounds of lime pellets for every thousand square feet of lawn at least two or three times on a yearly basis. This should be done if the pH level of your soil is too high. Lime can be used for the restoration of the beauty of your lawns, and make your lawns look more appealing.
These are the reasons why you should apply lime to your lawns:
- Lime is made from ground limestone rock and comprises magnesium carbonate and calcium carbonate. These compounds have the capacity to increase the soil’s pH level, thereby making it more alkaline and less acidic. The essence of using lime is to alter the soil pH level and improve the nutrients required for the growth of the plants.
- Lime ensures the restoration of balance in soil with higher acidity soil and plays a significant role in bringing the acidity level to an optimum level.
- Addition of lime to your lawn ensures the grass in your garden acquires the proper nutrients required for lush and beautiful growth.
- Lime is available in magnesium and calcium carbonates. For instance, high calcium lime has the capacity to enhance the soil structure and reduce its compaction.
- It enhances the growth and development of your lawn as it adds the necessary nutrients to the grass.
The application of lime to your lawn should be done with proper discretion and strict adherence to guidelines from experts. You need to do research on soil acidity level, and let the professionals provide you with tips to know the best time to apply the lime for efficient results. The fall season is the best period to apply lime to your lawn as it penetrates deeper into the deep roots of your grass.